Reducing child and adolescent mortality is the Research Institute’s principal goal. With more than 80 on-going research projects at any time, Little Prince scientists have made significant contributions to the understanding of childhood diseases and their treatments.
The contribution of the work accomplished by the Research Institute goes beyond the walls of its headquarters. A discovery made in one study can benefit children over the world.
- Complex and Oncogenetic diseases
- Epidemiological, clinical and educational studies
- Imaging, radiological and radiotherapy protection
- Microbiology and infectious diseases
- Cellular and pharmacological therapy
- Molecular medicine and bioinformatics
In 2005, Edson Arantes do Nascimento, better known as the great soccer star Pelé, reached out to Little Prince Complex to offer investment of his time and resources to medical research and the “Goals for Life” Program. The program consists of several different projects: Pelé Medals Project, Goals for Life Team, Goals for Life Soccer Cup, and Goals for Life Gala. Click here for more information.