Little Prince Complex has received a number of honors for its pediatric healthcare contributions. Here are the highlights:
ODM Brazil Award (UN Millennium Development Goals, 2014)
-The Complex’s Department of Education and Culture was recognized by the Brazilian government for its efforts to meet the Millennium Development Goals established by the United Nations.
Saúde Award (SAÚDE É Vital Magazine, 2013)
– Research on the screening used to detect adrenal-cortex tumors developed by Pelé Little Prince Research Institute won the prize in the Child Health category.
Itaú-Unicef Award (Itaú Social Foundation and Unicef, 2013)
–The Complex’s Department of Education and Culture was a semifinalist of Porto Alegre Section, which includes the states of Paraná, Santa Catarina, and Rio Grande do Sul.
Citizens of the World Prize (Hoje em Dia Journal – Belo Horizonte, MG, 2011)
– Little Prince Hospital’s Participant Family Program took third-place honors in the NGO category for sustainable development.
Culture and Health Award (Brazilian Ministries of Culture and Health, 2010)
– The “Cancioneiro do Brasil” (Songbook of Brazil) project, developed by the Complex’s Department of Education and Culture, took the top prize.
Saúde Award (SAÚDE É Vital Magazine, 2009)
– The Participant Family Program, which allows family to be near their children during treatment and hospitalization, earned this award in the Child Health category.
Ludic Award and Culture and Health Award (Brazilian Ministry of Culture, 2008)
–The Ludic Award honored the project “Games of the World” that stimulates learning through ludic, or spontaneous, activities. The Culture and Health Award was given to “Making Art,” a project that offers art and culture workshops to patients and their families.
Most Influential Women of Brazil (Gazeta Mercantil and Jornal do Brasil, 2007)
– Ety Cristina Forte Carneiro, Marketing and Institutional Relations Director, was honored for her dedication and leadership in making Brazil a better country.
Top Social ADVB – Zilda Arns Award of Social Responsibility (Leaders Association for Selling and Marketing of Brazil/Paraná, 2004 and 2006)
– The award recognized Little Prince’s work in reducing the child mortality rate, one of the Millennium Development Goals established by the United Nations.
Health Oncology Award Latin America (Novartis Oncology and Aguilla Saúde, 2006)
– Pelé Little Prince Research Institute’s research on early diagnosis and cure for adrenal-cortex cancer in children took this award for best scientific paper.
Well Efficiency Award (Kanitz & Associates, 2005)
– The Little Prince Complex was recognized as one of the 50 most efficient philanthropic institutions in Brazil.