On October 26, 1919, the Child Care and Hygiene Institute, later to become Little Prince Complex, was born. From its earliest days, the Institute revealed its potential as a key health care provider for children and adolescents in Brazil – a reputation that is as strong as ever today.
Here are just a few of the many historic milestones in the history of Little Prince Complex:
- 1919 –Beginning of activities
- 1930 – The hospital was completed and began receiving patients
- 1971 – Little Prince Hospital was established
- 1998 – Little Prince became the first hospital in the State of Paraná to be accredited
- 2003 – Founding of Little Prince College
- 2006 – Founding of Pelé Little Prince Research Institute
- 2011 – Opening of a new oncology wing
- 2012 – First bone marrow transplant
- 2013 – Planning for the new integrated Little Prince Campus; approval of a new undergraduate degree course
What started as a single institution has transformed into three units: Little Prince Hospital, Little Prince College and the Pelé Little Prince Research Institute. Together they comprise the largest children’s and adolescents’ health complex in Brazil.